Saturday, January 22, 2011

Handmade Designer Necklaces -Tibetan Agate, Turquoise and Vermeil

The photo does not do justice to the deep burgundy rusty red of The Tibetan beads.  If you look closely these beads have a crackled  finish. The beautiful large turquoise pieces are olive green and blue green, shot with black and dark brown veins. A perfect contrasted color scheme.  The vermeil  is silver washed with 24 caret gold. I purchased the vermeil  a long time ago.  Now it would be too expensive to use.


The Tibetan beads were found in a wholesale bead store in New York City. They were on sale and no one was buying them.  I was thrilled  to have a chance to own beads from Tibet, and I purchased as many as I could. I use them sparingly.  This is the second necklace I have made from my Tibetan cache.

No comments:

Post a Comment